John is very approachable and can turn things around quickly. He is very good on paper. He is extremely knowledgeable, has an excellent grasp of complex matters and is very responsive to clients’ needs. He is extremely good on details.”
John is a barrister advising on professional negligence claims in relation to banking, accountancy and fraud sectors, as well as company and commercial, real estate and wills and trusts matters.
His practice includes professional negligence claims acting both for banks and for insurers of the professionals, including conveyancing solicitors and surveyors. John is able to bring his own specialist knowledge of banking law and litigation and his previous accountancy work in bank audits and working as an accountant on secondment to the Serious Fraud Office for two years on the BCCI inquiry and prosecutions.
He acts both for claimants and for insurers of the professionals, including conveyancing solicitors and surveyors. John is able to bring his own specialist knowledge of property law on boundaries, easements and rights of way, probate law and litigation.
Sources praise John’s particular skill in cases that involve complex numbers, and he regularly receives instructions in banking matters. He is recognised by clients to be the most astute finance barrister on the Western Circuit.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Associate member of the Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) ACA
- Associate Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Member of the Court of Protection Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Comb Hons (Exon.) ACA (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant 1991) Dip. Law (Distinction)