An intellectual force to be reckoned with, producing detailed advice which is nothing short of bomb-proof.”
COMMERCIAL, BANKING, INSOLVENCY AND CHANCERY LAW
John is a barrister specialising in contentious probate, Court of Protection, all areas of real estate work including conveyancing disputes, boundaries and easements, landlord & tenant, partnership, banking, pensions, insolvency, company law and shareholder disputes. John’s commercial practice includes local authority procurement claims, breach of contract, restraint of trade, sale of goods, consumer credit and fraud. He has been described by peers as having an amazing knowledge of the law, and an ability to carry out in-depth analysis of complex facts and issues.
John also has a practice in professional negligence work in relation to solicitors, accountants and financial advisors.
He spent seven months in 2002-2003 acting as counsel assisting Lord Penrose’s inquiry concerning Equitable Life. John draws on skills acquired from his background as a Chartered Accountant in the banking sector and secondment to the Serious Fraud Office in the BCCI inquiry.
John has also trained as a mediator at the London School of Mediation, was accredited in 2015 and now serves as both a mediator and as a representative at mediations.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) ACA
- Associate Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Member of the Court of Protection Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Comb Hons (Exon.) ACA (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant 1991) Dip. Law (Distinction)