Has great attention to detail and gives clear, pragmatic advice.”
Chancery, Probate & Tax
John is a barrister specialising in wills and trusts work including administration of estates matters. He has extensive experience in resolving all aspects of inheritance related problems, both through court proceedings and alternative dispute resolution. John’s work includes claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, contentious probate claims, removal of personal representatives, undue influence, rectification of wills, proprietary estoppel and constructive trust claims.
John has been consistently recommended as a leading junior in recent editions of Chambers UK and Legal 500. Peers describe him as having an amazing knowledge of the law, and an ability to carry out in-depth analysis of complex facts and issues.
Prior to his career at the Bar John qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1991, working for five years at what is now part of PricewaterhouseCoopers, in its litigation support department. He was seconded to the Serious Fraud Office to assist in the BCCI investigation.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) ACA
- Associate Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Member of the Court of Protection Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Comb Hons (Exon.) ACA (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant 1991) Dip. Law (Distinction)