John is an absolutely meticulous barrister and gets to the core of the issue immediately. His advice is always crystal clear and I am always impressed by his drafting. John has great attention to detail and provides imaginative solutions to problems. He is also very polished on his feet.”
COMMERCIAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
John is a barrister specialising in commercial, banking, company, insolvency and chancery law. His commercial practice includes local authority procurement claims, breach of contract, restraint of trade, sale of goods, consumer credit and fraud. John has been involved in complex interim remedy applications including freezing orders and search and seizure orders.
Peers describe him as having a very sharp mind, and provides comprehensive, considered and commercial advice. He also provides superb service and is very client-focused.
He covers all aspects of company law including shareholder disputes and applications to restore companies and correct entries to the register at Companies House. John is recognised for his extensive background in accountancy, and is a popular choice by financial clients who instruct him on a range of company matters.
His partnership practice includes disputes concerning partnerships for solicitors, accountants and other professionals as well as general partnerships. John’s financial expertise is particularly valued in this area where he understands the commercial implications of the legal and accounting issues.
John’s banking practice focuses on mortgage enforcement disputes. John has acted for and against the main clearing banks and in disputes and third tier lenders. Sources praise John’s particular skill in cases that involve complex numbers, and he regularly receives instructions in banking matters. He is recognised by clients to be the most astute finance barrister on the Western Circuit.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Associate member of the Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) ACA
- Associate Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Member of the Court of Protection Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Comb Hons (Exon.) ACA (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant 1991) Dip. Law (Distinction)