John is very good at getting into the detail. John knows his law, is thorough and will go the extra mile to help. ‘He can weave his previous experience as an accountant into his legal advice.’ “
John is a barrister specialising in real estate work including conveyancing disputes, boundaries and easements, in particular disputes over parking and rights of way in both civil and tribunal proceedings and representation in tribunals in relation to adverse possession and other land registry issues.
He specialises in all aspects of landlord and tenant disputes. He was recently acting in a 5-day hearing for a Landlord & Tenant 1954 Act renewal for a sewerage.
He also covers boundary disputes and related adverse possession claims. John has dealt with many such cases in the courts and tribunals.
John has been consistently recommended as a leading junior in recent editions of Chambers UK and Legal 500. Peers describe him as having an amazing knowledge of the law, and an ability to carry out in-depth analysis of complex facts and issues.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Associate member of the Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) ACA
- Member of the Court of Protection Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Comb Hons (Exon.) ACA (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant 1991) Dip. Law (Distinction)