Annie’s broad commercial and chancery practice encompasses wills and trusts work, real estate matters, commercial disputes, professional negligence claims and insolvency proceedings. Annie also has experience of acting at all stages of disputes, including pre-litigation, on interim applications, at trial and on appeal, having successfully appealed errors of law and fact and gone on to obtain judgement for a sum due under a contract which had at first instance been held to be unenforceable.
For further details of Annie’s commercial and chancery experience, please click on the headings in the Areas of Expertise section.
- Chancery Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator (ADR Group)
- BPTC (University of the West of England)
- GDL (Oxford Brookes University)
- BA English Language and Literature (University of Oxford)
- Irene Parker Law Scholarship – Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford
- Exhibition Award and Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award – Inner Temple
Before commencing pupillage, Annie worked as a self-employed County Court advocate on the Western Circuit for two years. During this time, Annie undertook a wide variety of hearings, including bankruptcies, possession hearings, interim applications and small claims track trials and developed particular expertise in residential possession proceedings and personal insolvency.
In her spare time, Annie is a keen runner and also enjoys the occasional cycling adventure and attempting to play tennis.