Excellent – flexible, supportive and very easy to work with.”
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Charlie is a well regarded barrister for his commercial and financial services expertise, which is supported by 15 years’ prior experience as an investment banker.
Recent work includes:
- Advised a Singapore based hedge fund in relation to the contract of one its star fund managers.
- Numerous interest rate swaps advices, including advice on questions of breach of statutory duty under FSMA 2000, negligence, misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented an international wholesale bank in a professional negligence claim against a surveyor. Advised on numerous issues as well as drafted pleadings.
- Acted for an IFA in a professional negligence claim. Successful in application for summary judgment/strike out on grounds of limitation and failure of novation.
- Acted against a high-street bank in relation to the mis-selling of a loan and alleged negligence.
- Commercial Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- MA Oxford University (St Peter’s College)
- GDL and BPTC (College of Law)