Commercially astute. Hard working. Very responsive and easy to work with.”
COMPANY & INSOLVENCY
Charlie acts in professional negligence claims involving architects, builders and surveyors.
Recent work includes:
- Acting in multi-million pound professional negligence claim against a national tax advisory business in relation to the re-patriation and re-basing of offshore assets by a significant shareholder in a business acquired by a multi-national. The case also involves questions relating to Entrepreneurs Relief.
- Advised the CEO of one of South West’s leading healthcare companies on a professional negligence claim against his company’s accountants. The claim was issued, after Charlie had drafted detailed pleadings, but settled after mediation and a series of negotiations post the mediation.
- Advised, drafting pleadings and acted for the claimant in a mediation in a claim against architect made by a property developer.
- Advised and drafted pleadings in a claim made against an IFA in relation to the sale of investment products in 2008/2009. Strike out proceedings were initiated and the claim was favourably settled prior to the hearing of the strike out application.
- Commercial Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- MA Oxford University (St Peter’s College)
- GDL and BPTC (College of Law)