James is a specialist personal injury and clinical negligence barrister, appearing for both claimants and defendants on the fast and multi-track across the full spectrum of personal injury work, nationwide.
He has developed a strong following amongst solicitors for his courtroom advocacy and has particular experience acting for both claimants and insurers where allegations of fraud or fundamental dishonesty are made. He is equally happy to draft pleadings and to provide detailed written advice.
James can provide bespoke seminars on all personal injury topics.
He also accepts instructions on a CFA basis.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Hons) (Nottingham University) – Law with European Law (2010)
- BPTC, College of Law (2011)
- LLM, Bristol University (2012)
- Erasmus Scholar
- Nottingham University Mooting Competition and Law Graduates’ Association Moot Prize Winner
- Westlaw UK Mooting Competition Winner (judged by Jackson LJ)
- Lord Justice Jackson’s Award for Best Submissions at Westlaw UK Moot Final
- National Mock Trial Competition Semi-Finalist
- Herbert Smith Mooting Competition Winner (Bristol University, judged by Lord Kerr, Supreme Court Justice)