James has experience of acting for families of the deceased and interested parties prior to, and throughout, the inquest process, including Article 2 and/or inquests with a jury across multiple days. Examples of such work include:
- Acting for the family of an elderly care home patient who died after being impaled while using a bariatric commode chair. Multiple day jury inquest. Critical narrative conclusion and report to prevent future deaths issued by Coroner.
- Acting for a doctor who had provided care for the deceased who died as a result of a rare but recognised complication (fat embolism and aspiration pneumonia) from elective knee surgery.
- Appearing as part of a team of counsel for the family of an HGV driver who died in the collision on the M5, in Taunton, near Taunton Rugby Club.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Hons) (Nottingham University) – Law with European Law (2010)
- BPTC, College of Law (2011)
- LLM, Bristol University (2012)
- Erasmus Scholar
- Nottingham University Mooting Competition and Law Graduates’ Association Moot Prize Winner
- Westlaw UK Mooting Competition Winner (judged by Jackson LJ)
- Lord Justice Jackson’s Award for Best Submissions at Westlaw UK Moot Final
- National Mock Trial Competition Semi-Finalist
- Herbert Smith Mooting Competition Winner (Bristol University, judged by Lord Kerr, Supreme Court Justice)