James has experience of acting for claimants and defendants in claims arising out of workplace accidents.
Recent work includes:
- Acting successfully at trial for one of a number of defendants in a claim brought by a plasterer who had fallen while standing on a rotten shuttering board used as a makeshift platform on a housing development site, and suffered a severe leg break.
- Successfully representing a claimant who suffered serious injury after the trench in which he was working collapsed around him.
- Acting for the defendant in a claim where the claimant alleged permanent post-traumatic neuropathic pain in his foot and psychiatric injuries after stepping into an uncovered drain. Complex issues of causation. Claim settled at JSM.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Hons) (Nottingham University) – Law with European Law (2010)
- BPTC, College of Law (2011)
- LLM, Bristol University (2012)
- Erasmus Scholar
- Nottingham University Mooting Competition and Law Graduates’ Association Moot Prize Winner
- Westlaw UK Mooting Competition Winner (judged by Jackson LJ)
- Lord Justice Jackson’s Award for Best Submissions at Westlaw UK Moot Final
- National Mock Trial Competition Semi-Finalist
- Herbert Smith Mooting Competition Winner (Bristol University, judged by Lord Kerr, Supreme Court Justice)