James is an experienced disease practitioner. He acts principally for defendants in cases of noise induced hearing loss, as well as for both claimants and defendants in other areas of disease work, including cases where dishonesty or exaggeration is alleged.
Recent work includes:
- Representing a number of defendants in historic noise induced hearing loss/tinnitus claims, whether on the issue of limitation, or generally
- Representing a claimant who worked in an abattoir stripping meat carcasses by hand, and whose case was that he had suffered permanent hand and wrist injury as a result. Claim settled shortly before multi-day trial.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Hons) (Nottingham University) – Law with European Law (2010)
- BPTC, College of Law (2011)
- LLM, Bristol University (2012)
- Erasmus Scholar
- Nottingham University Mooting Competition and Law Graduates’ Association Moot Prize Winner
- Westlaw UK Mooting Competition Winner (judged by Jackson LJ)
- Lord Justice Jackson’s Award for Best Submissions at Westlaw UK Moot Final
- National Mock Trial Competition Semi-Finalist
- Herbert Smith Mooting Competition Winner (Bristol University, judged by Lord Kerr, Supreme Court Justice)