James has considerable experience across the full range of public liability work acting for claimants and defendants or their insurers.
Recent work includes:
- Advising the claimant, who had suffered serious and multiple fractures of his left heel and hind foot and lost some of his heel fat pad, after a steel load struck his foot in the course of a delivery. Claim in excess of £300k for future loss of earnings, scarring treatment and orthotics.
- Acting for a claimant who suffered multiple severe injuries after his motorcycle was struck by a car which had left the claimant with nowhere to go after emerging from its driveway. Claim in excess of £250k.
- Acting for a claimant whose case was that she had trapped her hand while using a mobility lift in her demised premises. Multi-day trial. Claim succeeded.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Hons) (Nottingham University) – Law with European Law (2010)
- BPTC, College of Law (2011)
- LLM, Bristol University (2012)
- Erasmus Scholar
- Nottingham University Mooting Competition and Law Graduates’ Association Moot Prize Winner
- Westlaw UK Mooting Competition Winner (judged by Jackson LJ)
- Lord Justice Jackson’s Award for Best Submissions at Westlaw UK Moot Final
- National Mock Trial Competition Semi-Finalist
- Herbert Smith Mooting Competition Winner (Bristol University, judged by Lord Kerr, Supreme Court Justice)