Excellent with clients and extremely personable.”
Called to the Bar in 2008, Ben is a personal injury and clinical negligence specialist. He represents claimants and defendants in a wide-range of work, with an increasing focus on cases of high value or complexity. He has represented clients at all levels up to and including the Court of Appeal, and has a particular interest in claims involving allegations of fundamental dishonesty and fraud. Ben’s reputation as a strong negotiator is complemented by his work as a mediator, through which he assists parties to settle disputes without the cost and uncertainty of litigation. In his free time Ben loves anything sport-related.
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
- Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB Law (First Class Hons), University of Manchester (2007), Bar Vocational Course MMU (2008)
- University of Manchester R.G. Lawson prizes in Law, Medicine & Ethics; Constitutional Reform and Mental Health Law (2007)
Ben has run marathons in Liverpool, Paris (twice), and London, and as part of Chambers’ team he completed Oxfam’s Trailwalker in 2016. Most Summers you will find him in the queue at Wimbledon, or getting frustrated with the England football team.