Quick to get to the crux of the issue, mindful of the bigger picture, provides pragmatic advice, adds significant value to the cases he works on and excellent to work with.”
Public liability work makes up a large proportion of Ben’s practice, and he has written and lectured on the Highways Act, Defective Premises Act, Occupiers’ Liability Acts and related areas. He has previously been asked to advise county councils on best practice in highways maintenance, inspection, investigation and record keeping, in order to reduce the likelihood of future accidents and consequent claims.
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
- Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB Law (First Class Hons), University of Manchester (2007), Bar Vocational Course MMU (2008)
- University of Manchester R.G. Lawson prizes in Law, Medicine & Ethics; Constitutional Reform and Mental Health Law (2007)
Ben has run marathons in Liverpool, Paris (twice), and London, and as part of Chambers’ team he completed Oxfam’s Trailwalker in 2016. Most Summers you will find him in the queue at Wimbledon, or getting frustrated with the England football team.