Jimmy is regularly instructed in industrial disease cases advising and representing claimants and defendants alike in multi-track cases in the County Court. He is experienced in dealing with cases involving noise-induced hearing loss and occupational stress and harassment and bullying. He has a significant amount of recent experience in cases brought against the Ministry of Defence for NIHL and NFCI amongst other injuries, and has settled schedules of loss in several substantial loss of career cases.
Examples of recent cases include:
- Acting for a defendant with a limitation defence at trial in claim for historic noise induced hearing loss.
- Advising soldiers with NIHL, NFCI and other injuries in claims against the MOD.
- Advising HMRC in-house in a wide range of employer liability disputes, including a number of high value and complex chronic pain and occupational stress claims.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB European (Magister), University of Exeter (First Class)
- LLM, University of the Saarland (First Class)
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Oxford
- Lord Denning Scholarship & Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- Undergraduate prizes including the Cavendish Prize, DLA European Law Prize, Markus Zalewski Prize and School of Law Commendation