Jimmy is frequently instructed to deal with cases in which allegations of fraud or fundamental dishonesty are raised, and has considerable experience at trial both in successfully proving and defending against such allegations in road traffic accident (including in cases involving low velocity impacts, induced collisions and exaggerated losses) and other personal injury claims. He is experienced in cross-examining claimants to unveil inconsistencies in their medical records and other documents. He also regularly advises defendants and claimants on the merits of allegations of fundamental dishonesty.
Examples of recent instructions include:
- Defending a claim in which a finding of fundamental dishonesty was made against a claimant who had failed to mention any whiplash injuries during an emergency admission for suspected pneumonia one month after the index accident.
- Obtaining a finding of fundamental dishonesty against a claimant who had been involved in two successive road traffic accidents, but had failed to disclose both accidents to both medico-legal experts.
- Obtaining the removal of QOCS protection from a claimant who sought to discontinue his claim mid-trial after being cross-examined.
- Achieving settlement at a JSM for a claimant with a chronic pain condition, in the face of substantial disclosure of surveillance footage and allegations of fundamental dishonesty.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB European (Magister), University of Exeter (First Class)
- LLM, University of the Saarland (First Class)
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Oxford
- Lord Denning Scholarship & Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- Undergraduate prizes including the Cavendish Prize, DLA European Law Prize, Markus Zalewski Prize and School of Law Commendation