Patrick has an established clinical negligence practice. He acts for claimants and defendants in clinical negligence claims across a broad spectrum including dental treatment, general surgical errors and mental health care both in terms of liability and quantum issues.
- Surgical disaster
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to consent
- Hospital deaths/Inquests
- Negligent prescription and administration of drugs
- Post-operative care
- Obstetric/maternity cases
- Cosmetic surgery
- GP negligence
- Dental negligence
- Representing a young woman who fell victim to a catastrophic surgical injury to her bladder and vagina during a routine hernia operation. Liability and quantum were in dispute. The claim included complex issues as to future prognosis including the need for bladder reconstruction surgery, kidney damage and numerous issues as to future loss including a claim for IVF. The claim settled for a six figure sum.
- Obtaining a narrative inquest verdict on behalf of a Claimant who died after she was injured by the explosion of an oxygen bottle in an ITU. The case was later settled by the industrial supplier and the NHS Trust co-defendant.
- Advising in a case involving post-surgical infection in an allegedly negligent arthroscopy.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon) Modern History, First Class
- LLB (Graduate) Nottingham Trent University, First Class
- BVC Nottingham Trent University, Very Competent
- Hardwicke Scholar and Sir Thomas More Bursary, Lincoln’s Inn
Patrick is also one of the author’s of the Costs Law: A Practitioner’s Guide, recently published by Wilmington Legal.