Zoe is a formidable advocate with a truly forensic attention to detail. She prepares her cases robustly but with the client’s needs in clear focus. ‘She is keen to embrace a tricky legal question and to turn the question on its head to develop a commercially sound solution for the client.’ “
Family: Matrimonial Finance
Zoë is a financial remedy specialist dealing with complex cases involving significant assets as well as more modest asset cases. She has particular expertise in cases involving issues such as third-party intervenors, insolvency, complex pensions, trusts, and inheritance issues.
Zoë has dealt with numerous cases involving international disputes and assets based abroad.
Zoë also has experience in cases involving confiscation order and proceeds of crime act issues and international enforcement of maintenance orders. Zoë has also dealt with a number of cases in which serious allegations of conduct were relevant.
Recent work includes:
- A case in which a multi-million pound property portfolio was involved and there were disputed issues as to contributions.
- A farming dispute as to family ownership of various assets on the farm estate.
- A case in which the parties ran a successful international business and partnership / company law issues required resolution.
- Non-disclosure of significant sums of money requiring enforcement by way of judgment summons.
- A binding agreement between the parties was alleged to have taken place years before proceedings were issued.
- Family Law Bar Association
- Resolution (Associate Member)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Western Circuit
- South Eastern Circuit
- Society of Mediators
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Joint Hons (Bristol), PGDL (City)
- Scholarships David Karmel Award & Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)