Zoe is very sharp and knowledgeable whilst being understanding of a client’s difficulties. She is an outstanding advocate in court. She’s very thorough, very good with clients and effective at explaining things.”
Zoë has extensive experience of advising and representing clients in relation to disputes involving TOLATA and additional issues which often accompany them such as civil and partnership disputes, intervention in matrimonial financial remedy cases, Proceeds of Crime Act claims and claims for financial provision under schedule 1 of the Children Act.
Zoë has been involved in numerous multi-track trials in many different areas of the country and have successfully dealt with cases before the Land Registry Adjudicator, County Court, High Court and at appellate level. She has particular expertise in relation to farming cases and claims of proprietary estoppel.
Recent work includes:
- A case relating to both constructive and resulting trusts involving multiple properties and complex issues of tracing of funds held on trust.
- A dispute over a farming estate involving contested probate and inheritance act claims as well as proprietary estoppel.
- A claim to set aside deeds of trust as a result of alleged duress.
- Conveyancing negligence as a result of which the property was not registered in the names of either party and the beneficial and legal ownership had to be determined.
- A case involving substantial payments by a parent to the purchase of a matrimonial home where the entitlement to beneficial interests were disputed.
Zoe is a IFLA qualified arbitrator in financial matters. For further information about our alternative dispute resolution services click here.
- Deputy District Judge
- Family Law Bar Association
- Resolution (Associate Member)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Western Circuit
- South Eastern Circuit
- Society of Mediators
- IFLA qualified arbitrator in financial matters
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Joint Hons (Bristol), PGDL (City)
- Scholarships David Karmel Award & Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)