A fierce advocate, Zoe is undoubtedly very bright and has mastered well before most the art of paperless working. Her advice is clear and backed by both a sound understanding of the law and a ready appreciation of the client’s predicament.”
Family and Children Law
Zoë has extensive experience of private law children cases at all levels of the Family Court and in the High Court. She has particular experience in international cases involving the interplay between Brussels II and the Hague Conventions, as well as issues of Wardship and risk of abduction. She has also been involved in numerous cases involving applications for leave to remove children from the jurisdiction.
Zoë has experience of complex cases such as intractable disputes involving parental alienation and allegations of significant harm to children. Zoë also has experience of enforcement of children act orders.
Recent work includes:
- Enforcement of a children act order in which serious allegations of sexual abuse had been made but were found not to be true. An enforcement order of 40 hours of community service was made
- A child psychologist to assist with issues of serious emotional harm being caused to a child.
Removal of children to Australia in which there were disputes as to the court’s jurisdiction to make orders and the habitual residence of the children.
- A case in which the children were made wards of court as a result of risk of abduction to Syria.
- Change of residence as a result of difficulties with contact orders.
- Family Law Bar Association
- Resolution (Associate Member)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Western Circuit
- South Eastern Circuit
- Society of Mediators
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Joint Hons (Bristol), PGDL (City)
- Scholarships David Karmel Award & Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)