Natasha always provides clear and detailed opinions. She explores all aspects of the case and has detailed knowledge not only of the law but the procedural rules. She focuses on the core issues, and her legal analysis is firm.”
PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Natasha is often instructed on TCC matters regarding residential and commercial construction disputes. Her instructions range from advising pre-action to adjudication, trials and enforcement of adjudicator’s decisions. She has appeared as sole counsel against a specialist construction silk and is accustomed to arguments concerning insurance, subrogation, latent defects and design flaws. She is also frequently instructed in professional negligence matters in relation to construction professionals (see Natasha’s professional negligence CV for more details here).
Recent work includes:
- An adjudication concerning numerous contractual variations, defective works and delay charges
- A claim concerning failure to pay, novation and agency in respect of construction contracts valued at £1.8 million
- A dispute over whether an eco-house project of c.£500,000 was design and build or turnkey along with allegations of misrepresentation, deceit and unjust enrichment
- A negligence claim involving arguments as to allocation of risk in a JCT contract which required an All Risks Joint Names Policy and liability of sub-contractors
- A dispute over oral variations to a building contract, scope of the original works and alleged defects.
- A claim concerning unpaid interim payment certificates pursuant to a JCT Contract where additional payment had been promised upon reaching a target date.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- LLM International Commercial Law (Distinction), University of Nottingham
- BVC, BPP
- LLB Law (Hons), University of Hull
- Bristol Law Society’s “Barrister of the Year 2017”
- Istituto di Studi Economici e per l’Occupazione Scholarship
- Ferens Scholarship