St John's Chambers is considered the pre-eminent set for property disputes on the Western Circuit. It possesses a deep bench of real estate specialists who are active at all levels of the judicial system, from the county courts through to the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal. Commentators praise the set's 'strength in depth' and 'quality' and note that 'its familiarity, friendliness and responsiveness set it apart in the local area.' "
Real Estate Litigation
Our Real Estate barristers advise on all aspects of residential property law matters and enjoy a long-standing reputation for being the leading set in the South West of England. We represent clients in all courts and tribunals and our varying levels of expertise within the team means we can offer the best advice for the value and complexity of the particular dispute.
Our barristers handle a range of residential property disputes including:
- Conveyancing and land registration
- Co-ownership, trusts of land and beneficial interests
- Proprietary estoppel
- Rights of way, rights to light and water rights
- Restrictive covenants
- Boundary disputes and trespass
- Adverse possession
- Landlord and tenant issues including statutory security of tenure, succession and possession claims
- Mortgages, charges, finance and insolvency
- Property insurance disputes, including water ingress, subsidence and tree root damage
- Planning, CPO and compensation
- Residential development
- Professional negligence (surveyors and other professionals)
As the number of cases being dealt with by way of mediation increases, our mediation team is on hand to help, as advisers, advocates and mediators. Our facilities are specifically designed to meet with clients’ needs for a mediation venue. Read more.
The team delivers workshops and seminars in Chambers and regional centres. We also provide training on behalf of local Law Societies and in conjunction with solicitors’ firms. In addition we can give tailored in-house training for particular firms. If you would like any further information please contact Elizabeth Champion on 0117 923 4714 or email: email@example.com.