Landlord & Tenant
Home to a large number of specialist members, who are experienced in commercial, agricultural, and residential property cases."
Our Real Estate barristers have a particular specialism in all aspects of landlord and tenant law, from commercial premises to agricultural land, to residential property. They frequently deal with landlord and tenant issues concerning:
- Commercial, industrial, residential and rural estates
- All types of business premises, including factories, offices, industrial, commercial and retail parks, shops, markets and pop-up shops
- Farms and agricultural land
- Blocks of flats, houses, apartments, mobile homes and houseboats
- Single and multiple occupancy units
Areas of expertise:
- Lease and licence disputes
- Rent and rent reviews
- Service charges and insurance premiums
- Disputes with managing agents
- Assignments and sublettings
- Breaches of covenant
- Break notices and options to renew
- Termination by forfeiture, surrender, notice to quit, etc
- Relief from forfeiture
- Proceedings under Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Possession of residential premises under the Housing Act 1988, Rent Act 1977 and/or Housing Act 1985
- Claims under guarantees and indemnities
Team members regularly appear in Landlord and Tenant proceedings at all levels, from the Court of Appeal to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (in Wales)
As the number of cases being dealt with by way of mediation increases, our mediation team is on hand to help, as advisers, advocates and mediators. Our facilities are specifically designed to meet with clients’ needs for a mediation venue. Read more.
The team delivers workshops and seminars in Chambers and regional centres. We also provide training on behalf of local Law Societies and in conjunction with solicitors’ firms. In addition we can give tailored in-house training for particular firms. If you would like any further information please contact Elizabeth Champion on 0117 923 4714 or email: [email protected].